Grief & Loss Support Group meets weekly on Tuesday at Behavioral Health and is taught by Dawn Marie Rung, LMSW. Pre-evaluation is required. Please call 315-326-4100.
To provide support, encouragement and tools toward healing for clients who are going through the grieving process.
- Exploration of activities that individuals find hard to do because they did that activity with the deceased.
- Providing an educational discussion on normal stages of loss and grief.
- Talking to the "empty chair" representing the loss.
- Identifying any activities such as eating or sleeping that are now difficult and discussing strategies to get back to normal activities.
- Exploration of the importance of rituals in the grieving process and memory
- Identifying family and friends who provide unconditional support.
Recognizing that enjoying life does not deny loss and grief.